Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wine Jugging in Bevagna


I have been exceptionally low on my wine supply all summer. I scrounged around and found a jug back in the closet that lasted me a few weeks. 6 bottles to a jug. I had some crappy Lungarotti Falo that tasted really cheap and weak. On the flip side, I found this bottle of Montepulciano della Abruzzo the other night that was pretty darn good. But that was it. My stash was depleted. So off we went to visit Sesto at Dionigi out in Bevagna yesterday to reload some Montefalco Rosso. As usual, I arrange to meet with Leo and Patricia to make the short trip . This time however Leo was unable to come so his daughter Romina substituted. Also Alejandro met us half way as he has now converted over from jugging in Passagio Di Bettona. Our next jugging trip might be to Toscana to find the much coveted Brunello Del Montalcino.

No comments: